I have read, understood, and agreed to the submission instructions.
• Only unpublished, non-musical works are acceptable. Plays enjoying a previous public "reading" or that have not been staged in more than one other theatre are acceptable.
• There are no thematic restrictions. However, some preference will be given toward works without gratuitous "adult" material. Also, because it is the "new" voice play festival, we encourage works that are not based on other sources, either in the written or verbal tradition (i.e. translations, modernizations, re-workings, etc.).
• Limit two submissions per playwright. We do not encourage re-submitting works from previous Festival years.
• The length should be at least 10 minutes (10 pages) and not exceed 40 minutes. The history of the Festival is one of works in the 20-30 minute range.
• No minimum characters, but the suggested maximum is 8 actors (multiple roles allowed if doubling is feasible and consistent with the overall flow of the show).
• Set should be minimal or easily suggested. The number of scenes also should be limited. Plays will be presented consecutively on one stage.
• Deadline for submission: Postmarked or received by Email by March 1, 2019.
• Entries will be acknowledged by March 30, 2019. Our goal is to announce the four finalists no later than May 15, 2019. The first announcement will be to entrants, and soon after the web site will announce the winners.
(*Complete list of submission instructions, awarding, and other important notes.)